We’re cute! And I’ll tell you all about us, soon. 🙂 I’m still working on getting the basics of this blog in place.
I’m back!!! And if I do say so myself, it’s looking pretty great in here.
Okay so… About Birdy:
Birdy’s birthday is May 14th 2019. His original name was “Pete” (I just found that out when his first mom asked me what I called him… I suspect she was slightly disappointed in the name choice. *snort* 😛 ). The truth is, I kept calling him birdy-birdy and he responded so well to it, so it stuck. I know… it’s not original, but it works. I once had a cat that I called “Kitty”, soooooo…. 😉
He’s already got such gorgeous red coloring, even though when I first met him, he still had some of his grey baby bird feathers. He’s got a lot of dark pattern in his wings, so while he’s very red, it’s more of a deep and darkish red. Gorgeous.
He’s a Red Factor canary (and to narrow it down, a “Red Bronze”). Supposedly they were harder to find at the bird show his parents were purchased from. His original “human” mom purchased his parents thinking a pair was the way to go so they wouldn’t be lonely. Lo and behold, by the time she got them home, there was already a fertile egg in the cage. And so started her unintended birdie-breeding. 😉
I was attending a friend’s birthday party, when I discovered these beauties (I always thought of canaries as yellow so I was in awe of these red ones), and my boyfriend got a kick out of them too. So that was it. We chatted about the possibilities and how much light and happiness a sweet singing bird would bring to the house, and I was blessed with “Birdy” a few weeks later for my birthday. 😀
And I love him dearly. He’s sweet and silly, he’s picky, he let’s me know when he doesn’t like something, and even more so when he LOVES something. And he sings and sings and sings. And when I’m napping on the couch, he sings the entire time… but quietly. Like he knows. ♥️
Oh… okay… This will be short and sweet!
- Actually I AM short!! LOL!
- I love all animals and nature and am a reptile enthusiast too (although I don’t have any lizards or frogs right now, I LOVE them!! Tortoises too.)
- I have two miniature pinscher dogs. They are my whole world. Sweet and cuddly and happy and annoying in the best of ways! I can’t imagine my life without the love of these dogs.
- Oh! And I love books (I’m an avid romance and thriller reader) and…
- I love Youtube hair and makeup tutorials. I could watch them for hours… it’s almost therapeutic. But that’s for another day. 😉